Wednesday 19 June 2013

SELF CRITIC


CRITIC: MODULE 2

Module 2 was the beginning of new beginnings. We finally mastered the art of using the sewing machine after so much practice. We managed to stitch a top and skirt by the end of it which made ME feel amazing. I worked on my illustrations and trust me, it isn’t that bad ....

WEEK 1

Our week started off with an industrial visit. It was this insane rush that got me in the mood, as it was a new module and we were going to learn something new by the end of it. The visit was really fun. We shopped fabrics with our teachers and learnt all the different kinds of fabrics suitable and non suitable for draping. We learnt how to make the basic bodice and skirt drapes. Draping was an interesting challenge because there are no measurements as such which have to be considered.

 

WEEK 2

The Sheath dress was on our to-do list for this week. We all had to make our individual designs. Our fabrics were different from each other. I was working with artificial silk. This fabric is easy to work with. It creases just a little bit. We also did mind-mapping which  was really fun as in never ends.

WEEK 3

Then we started working on our sketchbook. They told us to select and topic of our choice and mind map. We landed up with the most random topics ever.

WEEK 4

Then starts the draping......taking some inspiration from our random topics, we started partial draping the garment. This part was like being crafty without glue. We mix-matched a lot of fabrics, experimenting different kinds of drapes.

 

 

WEEK 5

After  an entire session of drape attack, we took inspiration from the drapes that we did and  started with our design developments.

Making the design developments has always fascinated me because there were no limitations as such apart from just using white coloured  fabrics.

WEEK 6

After we were done with our design developments, a line-up of 6 garments was selected for our portfolio.

WEEK 7

We finally started constructing the garment. It was a never-ending process. This just tickled our ‘being patient’ bug from within.

 

We have definitely learnt a lot in this module. I feel my fellow classmates did well in fulfilling their goals.

Rukhshar experimented with  topis like hairstyles and the church ceiling etc. she did a pretty good job. I still feel that if she researched more she would come up with a lot more ideas than she had. For her drape there was an over-powering feeling because of the use of different textures. I personally feel that if it was minimalistic it would look way better.

Raksha on the other hand had topics like slums etc. She also should have researched more. She did well in here drape. I feel she should work a little bit more on her neatness and she will be fine.

Draping although not that difficult, it was a challenge in its own way. We all learnt something new which is fabulous.

I feel that in this module I have progressed a lot, my illustrations have improved, I have the flare for stitching now. I am very happy and satisfied with my final garment. The only thing I feel we all should have worked on was time management.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment